• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Look at this pattern!

jerobi2k

yeah thats a nice one, a local shop near me just had one exactly like that they referred to it as "striped" very cool!

WildlifeLover429

I can't edit my posts anymore. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyway, if I could edit my post this would be the correction.

I have never had a red tegu so I am not familiar with their patterns. Please correct me if this is a normal pattern or if its just a regular red tegu. :) Thank you
jerobi2k said:
yeah thats a nice one, a local shop near me just had one exactly like that they referred to it as "striped" very cool!

Ok, so it is a special pattern! Thank for clearing that up guys! :D

jerobi2k

:dodgy: I might be wrong but I think if you compare these 2 reds, this might be the difference we are looking at.

Attachments

• striped.jpg
    striped.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 230536_1564312247391_1822936562_943907_5179001_n.jpg
    230536_1564312247391_1822936562_943907_5179001_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 5

WildlifeLover429

jerobi2k said:
:dodgy: I might be wrong but I think if you compare these 2 reds, this might be the difference we are looking at.

They're both beautiful animals and yes I think that's the difference we're looking at :). Man I wish I had the one on the left though! lol gorgeous!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Somebody needs to get their hands on that little guy, breed it, and see if that pattern's genetic. If so, that person could stand to make a fair amount of money. It's not like there's a whole lot of tegu morphs out there.

WildlifeLover429

slideaboot said:
Somebody needs to get their hands on that little guy, breed it, and see if that pattern's genetic. If so, that person could stand to make a fair amount of money. It's not like there's a whole lot of tegu morphs out there.

I completely agree! :D

WildlifeLover429

jondancer said:
I'm not a big fan of that. I like the solid deep red tegus

I like the deep reds too. :) I just think this pattern is something special. what if it had a deep red color with the same pattern? Now that would be cool :D

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Weird, very cool to see the differences in patterns and shades. Some tegus have stripes, some spots, apparently some have this going on!

WildlifeLover429

mrcleansheet said:
thats my tegu :)

Lol Hi there! I'm the one that you have been commenting back and forth with. Welcome to the TeguTalk family! Everyone here is so helpful on here. So don;t be afraid to ask questions even if you think its dumb. We're all eager to help out a fellow reptile enthusiast :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214