• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Loki

apocalypse910

Here is my new 2012 extreme Loki. Yesterday he was the calmest tamest thing on earth - today, not so much. I read posts on how fast they can be, didn't realize how fast until today.

He practically levitated over my shoulder and got away from me faster than I could blink. Took an hour chase to get him back. Hopefully I didn't upset him too much. He has been very active, ate a ton of eggs when he got home, crickets later that day, and a pinkie with berries tonight.

3heZF.jpg

dYrG9.jpg

HEp6c.jpg

apocalypse910

So - He's grown a bit. Figured I'd post some updated pics

My favorite pic so far -
4EwTd.jpg

Loki and his stuffed dragon toy
[attachment=5494]

Can you guess which is the real keyboard and which is the decoy?
[attachment=5495]

[attachment=5496]

Attachments

• 2012-10-05_21-04-54_710.jpg
    2012-10-05_21-04-54_710.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 2012-10-05_20-51-34_440.jpg
    2012-10-05_20-51-34_440.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 2012-10-09_19-24-15_398.jpg
    2012-10-09_19-24-15_398.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

apocalypse910

Yeah - they grow quick!
I will mention that that isn't a full size tennis ball in the last pic - realized after the fact that the pic was a bit deceptive. I believe he was at 23" last time I checked.

TheTeguGurl

Ya I was really surprised on how fast the chacoan grew. ,midgard seemed like he was a baby one day then adult size the next

apocalypse910

Loki had another huge growth spurt - grew three inches last week and started massively bulking up over the last few days.

I took him for a walk around the house today on his leash - my brilliant leopard gecko ran out of his hide and spent ten minutes attempting to hunt Loki through the glass. I love that Gecko but I have no clue how they survive in the wild.

TeguBlake

apocalypse910 said:
Loki had another huge growth spurt - grew three inches last week and started massively bulking up over the last few days.

I took him for a walk around the house today on his leash - my brilliant leopard gecko ran out of his hide and spent ten minutes attempting to hunt Loki through the glass. I love that Gecko but I have no clue how they survive in the wild.

Hahahaha lepored geckos are so silly:)

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Lol that's funny my beardie does that when Godzilla is out she scratched the tank up and all

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

apocalypse910

I believe that ours are from the same clutch - I got mine on July 10th from Bobby.

Last I checked yours was still way ahead growth wise though - Was worried that Loki was undersized for a while after seeing your pics. Loki is getting huge now - and I can only assume that Biggin is now the size of a medium T-Rex at this point. :D

tommylee22

Hey Just wanted to let you know I posted some pics of Loki's brother Biggin. Boy have they grown these past few months.

apocalypse910 said:
I believe that ours are from the same clutch - I got mine on July 10th from Bobby.

Last I checked yours was still way ahead growth wise though - Was worried that Loki was undersized for a while after seeing your pics. Loki is getting huge now - and I can only assume that Biggin is now the size of a medium T-Rex at this point. :D

apocalypse910

chitodadon said:
How is loki foing any pics and size

from Samsung Galaxy S3

He's doing great - he's just under 40" right now.

He is absolutely turning out to be the sweetest lizard I've ever seen. I took him to the vet for a minor skin issue and he made friends with the entire office in no time. He jumped up and licked the receptionist's face and otherwise behaved like a big puppy.

My only problem is that he's discovered the stairs - he wants to spend ever waking moment upstairs playing in the laundry despite it being freezing upstairs.

hVhLmV7.jpg

gunwsab.jpg

MjRdDgA.jpg

Here's a video my husband took a month ago of him eating a rat
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcgRFuSB_s&feature=share[/video]

He'll occasionally eat rats and mice but he seems to be really partial to ground rabbit and apple snails.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Who u get him from is he a extreme both of ours r cream and silver it looks like

from Samsung Galaxy S3

apocalypse910

chitodadon said:
Who u get him from is he a extreme both of ours r cream and silver it looks like

from Samsung Galaxy S3

He is an extreme - He was from the first 2012 clutch. I absolutely love their colors - they are getting more intense with every shed. He's mid-shed right now - I'll be sure to post a few more recent pics as soon as he's done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980