• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Location PLEASE

got10

Hi We have lots of people that don't have locations listed(im probably one of them) It would be helpful so we could help each other out in emergency situations like fostering when someone is moving or going through a generally hard time or a " hey ,I could hold one for you til ya get back on your feet
" thing.Or just checking out to help with cage building and such. Its just a thought .
Mull it over let me know what you all think

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
got10 said:
Hi We have lots of people that don't have locations listed(im probably one of them) It would be helpful so we could help each other out in emergency situations like fostering when someone is moving or going through a generally hard time or a " hey ,I could hold one for you til ya get back on your feet
" thing.Or just checking out to help with cage building and such. Its just a thought .

You are one of them. Most people here don't list their locations for some reason. I listed mine for just the reasons you stated. Sometimes you need some support from nearby people that may be willing to come to you and look over your stuff and maybe give a few tips. I have helped my local hedgehog customers many times with advice and even medications because they can just give me a call. I've even given free meds to a customer who I told to stop by the house to pick it up. My wife and I will always help an animal if we can.

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
got10 said:

a good suggestion I think.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I like the idea, Glen Burnie, Maryland here. Not sure if there are many Marylanders on these forums though.

Arxilca

5 Year Member
You brought up a fantastic point. I didn't even realize that my location wasn't listed until reading this post. I've got a feeling that a lot of people don't have it listed simply because it's not explicitly presented during registration, and is sort of an "opt-in." I definitely would have entered it if prompted, but since you have to take the initiative to go into the control panel and set it, the idea just hadn't occurred to me. Hopefully this thread can bring the matter to others' attention for everyone's mutual benefit! Thanks!

HeatherN

i actually haven't noticed any kind of pattern, but i do know there are some relatively close to me in san diego, its cool cuz herps seem to be most popular in florida and such, so i don't tend to run into to many west coasters

turtlepunk

oh yeah I remember a thread like this being started a little while ago
heres the link:
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7811#axzz1zoazUHjw

Dana C

HeatherN said:
i actually haven't noticed any kind of pattern, but i do know there are some relatively close to me in san diego, its cool cuz herps seem to be most popular in florida and such, so i don't tend to run into to many west coasters

I used to run into them at the California reptile expo's. Actually I would believe that there are a lot of them.
I live in Southern Idaho now but grew up in Buena Park and Lakewood.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Look, all, don't just say it here on this thread, put your location in your profile!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes! it is helpful to know location when someone posts a classified or asks for a vet reference, etc. Then you can look in the right hand corner for a location. Good reminder, got10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980