• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Little Luna!

xMaryjoanne

Hello everyone!
This is my very first Tegu; I do own 10 snakes (7 red tail boas, 1 burmese python, 1 dumerils boa, & 1 rosy boa) and 1 SG leopard gecko... I have also had a beardie and crested gecko. Along with that, I also work at a reptile specific pet store, which is where I got her from. So, I have experience with reptiles!

As of now, she is super docile and sweet! I've had her for 2 days and she seems to be becoming more familiar with me. I handle her for at least an hour a day, if not more. I also have a little leash for her so she won't try to dart off when she's out and about, but she hasn't attempted darting off even without the leash on. Whenever I feed her, I take her out of her enclosure and hand/tong feed her. She's currently eating superworms, butterworms, hornworms, waxworms, and I will be buying blueberries and some ground turkey later today. I use ZooMed Repti Calcium w/ D3 and Reptivite w/o D3. I'm also wondering if she needs a 5.0 UVB or 10.0 UVB?

I'm completely open to tips and advice for Luna! I'm super excited to be apart of this community! :)

(Here are some pictures of Luna)
20150902_180648.jpg
IMG_20150904_131105.jpg
Snapchat--1820731063249829770.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome xMary and Luna. Looks wonderfully happy. Seems like you're doing everything right. Feel free to include frozen/ thawed whole rodents. Good complete item in the diet mix.

Cheers!

xMaryjoanne

Welcome xMary and Luna. Looks wonderfully happy. Seems like you're doing everything right. Feel free to include frozen/ thawed whole rodents. Good complete item in the diet mix.

Cheers!
Yay! I'm glad I'm doing things right. I haven't gotten her turkey yet... But I have given her 3 pinkys in the last week. Besides that I'm feeding her super worms and horn worms every so often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus