• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lettuce

hoosier

5 Year Member
my mom today asked me the question reguarding feeding lettuce for my tegu. i quite honestly couldnt answer with an answer that i had full confidence in. to clear it up: can you feed teg lettuce?

dpjm

5 Year Member
You could try, but generally lettuces are nutritionally poor.

Greens on the other hand (collard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens to name a few) are a great source of calcium and many other nutrients and it would be beneficial to try to incorporate these into the diet. Your tegu probably won't eat them plain, you may may to mix it in with stuff it already eats, like many people will mix in chopped greens with ground turkey. Don't use spinach or swiss chard though, because they are high in oxalates.

hoosier

5 Year Member
greens are what she uses. i just really didnt have confidence in either judgement so i decided to ask. she says she will add it in(seeing as i am at college most of the time) every now and then. she is taking really great care of him and he is getting bigger everytime i see him and is just as healthy and happy as ever :) thank you all for your replys :)

mr.king

5 Year Member
Ya I agree with most lettuce is a waste of time, basically water. I also heard somewhere that you shouldn't really feed tegus lettuce.

hoosier

5 Year Member
its not often anyway. she did it once because she ran out of fruit and he really didnt eat it. hes kinda like me. lol i love fruit but leave the veggies out of it :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029