• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

latest from the vet

RobK.

Though i would start a new thread with out all the drama !! :huh:

quote ''

'' We've given him a whole exam room to
hang out in during the day with a basking site. Unfortunately, the exam room doors do
not have windows and he does not like us standing in the open doorway watching
him. So I'm not sure we're actually going to be able to witness the
head-shaking. Our goal at this point is to medicate him and monitor his weight, then basically leave him alone and give him time to resolve. I know it's hard
to be patient, but that is what is required in this situation. His ears look fine, he's holding his weight and looks good otherwise.

Dr Harris .''

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
I got a email from the vet today saying he ate eveything on his play today . great news !!

Good to hear, hope he pulls through for you!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hope they either find the cause or it goes away. I didn't know you were still dealing with this issue.

RobK.

today's e-mail from the vet

Quote''

He's not cleaning up his food, but is eating fairly consistently. I sure
wish I had a peephole in that exam room door! He is still quite the crazy
boy when we do need to handle him, but otherwise he seems to be settling
into the routine well. I do want to continue to monitor him without any
major changes for a bit to make sure he holds his weight, but so far so
good.''

poor guys is tired being messed with i bet . he did not like me giving his meds and i understand he tries to bite them , when they give him his meds . He was getting so tame for me . I sure miss having him here , but he's in good hands . He eating better and holding his weight so that's good . But he will not eat if they are in the room , so they don't know if he's still shaking and scratching his head .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could they put a laptop with a webcam in the room and watch him that way?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That would be a good idea. I've had my green ig for years and you never know if he is going to eat in front of you or wait until you walk off. Igs are so moody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan