• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just wondering are dwarf caiman's illegal to the Riverside, Ca area

TayyB

Its like 45 mins away from San Diego only reason i'm asking is because I have a couple friends with some, they are amazing but very bipolar .

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep all crocodilians are illegal through out the great state. Does this mean that people do not have them, no. I had a gator dropped off at my front door a few years ago and turned it over to Fish and Game who told me to hold it till they figured out what to do with it.

Compnerd7

I got this picture from a friend once.... A colleague of mine in San Diego county "somehow" attained 10 baby crocs... Told me I could have 1 or 2 of them for free. I literally danced around the idea for weeks on end... But there was no way I could afford the set up for them :/

189638_198851730145433_100000618233838_559452_1588283_n.jpg

Venom6547

Those look more like american alligators from the shape of their head and tails, I used to have a baby gator I loved him so much but things got tough and had to give him a new home :(

Compnerd7

Venom6547 said:
Those look more like american alligators from the shape of their head and tails, I used to have a baby gator I loved him so much but things got tough and had to give him a new home :(

Excuse me, they were American Alligators. I tend to use the word crocs for both, I should know better then to use the term for both :-/

That sucks about your little Gator, how long did you have him?

ughhh brings back sad memorys i used to have a baby alligator and i had it for about half a year when i was 6 and it was starting to bond with me and he got sick we couldnt take him to the vet and he died

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I knew a fellow who used to have a caiman years ago. He was feeding it a live rabbit one day but the rabbit was terrified and refused to move, so he prodded it to try to get a response. The caiman saw the motion, lunged, and grabbed his hand instead of the bunny. It didn't let go until his mother ran over and smashed the thing between the eyes with a frying pan. Fortunately he didn't lose the hand or even any fingers, but he got rid of the caiman.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029