• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

June 2008 Reptiles Mag. - Totally Tegus!!

bubbasherps

5 Year Member
Bert Langerwerf article

:-D great article :-D Bert said Part of article was in the magazine and part online :-D bert is the best :-D alot species wouldnt be here for us with out him :-D

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Da***t! I was just posting a thread talking about it. You flippin' beat me to it.

Lol, it has a nice sexy tegu pin-up.
I tell my friends I have a new pin-up, and they get all excited, and I show them the tegu poster, and they are lik, "wtf." I tell 'em, "This is MY kind of pin-up!"

However, the tegu that he says is his whitest Black and White Argy really does look like a blue...I should know better than to say this, because it may start up another argument about it, but hey. Bert really knows his stuff, so he's probably right...

I started flipping out when I got this month's issue....really stoked about Bert's tegu article!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Da***t! I was just posting a thread talking about it. You flippin' beat me to it.
Snooze ya looze!!!

There are some great pics. I can't wait to see what else is included online. The June issue wasn't shown yet yesterday.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Congrats Bobby!

Here is a link to the supplement on Bert's article. Reptile Mag usually post some of the articles online.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-magazines/reptiles-magazine/june-2008/totally-tegus.aspx?cm_sp=InternalClicks-_-RelatedArticles-_-reptile-magazines/reptiles-magazine/june-2008/totally-tegus">http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-m ... ally-tegus</a><!-- m -->

Article and photos by Bert Langerwerf

Some of the authorÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s tegu enclosures include pampas grass, a plant native to South America. ItÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s the grass clump with the white tufts.

This Argentine black and white tegu is in one of the authorÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s 1,000-square-foot outdoor enclosures.

These baby Argentine black and white tegus (Tupinambis merianae) are eating ground chicken. The author grinds bones into the meat.

The author occasionally feeds his tegus bread, which is what these yearling red tegus (Tupinambis rufescens) are eating.

Lizardkeepers can keep tegus both outdoors and indoors.

Outdoor Housing
I keep tegus outdoors, and I often simply fence them in with corrugated, galvanized metal. I bury this fence 2 feet deep in the ground, and it stands 3 feet tall above ground. So far, no tegus have escaped under or over these fences. Make the enclosureÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s perimeter at least 4 feet by 8 feet.

Corrugated plastic tubes, such as those used for drainage, can be used to simulate burrows. Tegus hide in these tubes or make a room at the end. If you have the space, tubes can lead to hide boxes somewhere cooler, so the lizards have more temperature choices. You also could create a small sliding door to close the Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??burrow.Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
There are some great pics. I can't wait to see what else is included online. The June issue wasn't shown yet yesterday.

Where are you looking? I posted it on April 2nd in the other thread, so it has been online.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The supplement article is up, but the actual issue isn't listed yet.

bubbasherps

5 Year Member
bobby hill

:-D Like the part of Berts article about bobbys giant extreme tegus good job Bobby :-D What did you think ?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, he is pretty cool!
Hey Bobby, what do you think about (as the article called it) "the author's whitest" tegu? Is it a B&W? Either way, it's quite amazing. I just wonder whether it is a B&W or not...oh, I don't mean to come across as accusing Bert of lying or something like that, I was just curious what you think about it, Bobby. Also, if it is a B&W, how the hell he got those colors! If that was brought forth by simply breeding selectively, that's dang amazing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me