• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juancho's Updated Pictures :D

gebris353

5 Year Member
Well, I have thouthands pics of her, but I never get bored of taking some more, so this weekend I did it again. Here are the results, hope you like them.

Juancho walking in the grass:
2001813325320267666_rs.jpg

Over his log sunbathing, I like the trees and sky background:
2001878122328352653_rs.jpg

Another lucky shot while yawning, I just pressed the button when I saw her:
2001865891575112735_rs.jpg

Sunbathing next to a column, love the sky color:
2001862760008979951_rs.jpg

Here exploring the new bark I got for her enclosure, she uses it as basking spot and roof to hide half of her body, she may think she is a turtle hehe:
2001875909346310794_rs.jpg

And finally a closer shot of her face into her enclosure:
2001800776749341702_rs.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Nice color, not warm enough here yet for pics like that, but as soon as it is, mines going outside for a photo shoot

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Great pics man....for some reason i thought Juancho was a BW!!? But is clearly a Red now lol

gebris353

5 Year Member
Another pic I took from her in her new bed, since I got her that bark she absolutly loves it. It's her basking spot and bed as you can see in the picture, always with her head out so she can see what's going on in the room. :p

2002781082929372665_rs.jpg

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hot dang!! that's a cute tegu!
Oh, and good job getting the yawning shot!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
you take amazing pic's !!! She is amazing. How old is she?
I just relized my B&W will be 10 on the 21st!!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont know if they are "different kinds of reds"
Cause my Male red is a BRIGHT red and looks like the one in the pic.. and my Female has the dark head with the black lines..too might just be a male female thing.

gebris353

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
you take amazing pic's !!! She is amazing. How old is she?
I just relized my B&W will be 10 on the 21st!!

Really?! Mine is turning 10 too but on the 26th!! What a coincidence!! :-D

Lexi said:
I dont know if they are "different kinds of reds"
Cause my Male red is a BRIGHT red and looks like the one in the pic.. and my Female has the dark head with the black lines..too might just be a male female thing.

It's not a male female thing, since I've seen both in both colors, at first I thought t could be cause the food or the area from where they were from, but everytime I keep getting ideas for the "Why" question I see the opposite. Juancho is a girl and yours is a male, the one with the same color, so I just think they are just the same kind with different tones. Like humans, there is "light brown" black people and "black" black people, "pink" white people and "latin" white people. ;)

Zelera said:
wow, very nice tegu and he must be very good to not try to take off and run

No, she never tried to scape, she seems to love her life haha. Actually, her enclosure has a front vertical door at the top, so it's more like I took her from the top of it, not from the side. But since it's a vertical door it closes by own weight and I dont have it with key, if she wants to scape she can cause it's not heavy but when she wakes up and look at us, we know we have to take her out to free roam the house. If somehow we cant she stays there without any problem too. :-D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your female looks like my Female.. My male is the one that does not have black scales on his head.
This is my Female
DSC02067.jpg

this is my male
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/bioteck/DSC02042.jpg
Both together
DSC02060.jpg

I wounder if bobby can explain the difference in color?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan