• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

JOWL POPPING!?!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i think pyro has started jowl popping with what little jowls he do have lol! he has been doing this all day and making this weird chirp sound, looks like he's trying to become a little man lol, what do you think? heres the little bugger getting really big!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDdAZsOqJP8
pyro2-1.jpg

pyro-1.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
to be honest i have no clue lol, it has been a pain measuring him so i havnt done so in a while his last measurement was 27" about 2 wks ago so i guess around 28-30"!

Kebechet

It's interesting... I can't seem to find any information on jowl popping that isn't on either here or thetegu. Is there another word for this? I've been looking for more information like "why" they do it, and what it means specifically. Link does it sometimes when he's stressed. Usually when he's in the bath for too long and wants out. Judging by what I've read, a jowl pop can mean different things in different contexts, and I'm trying to understand tegu body language better ;)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Gary does it over Rango and Guru over Gary, for them it seems to be a dominance thing. I've never seen them do it just because. I'm curious too, I'd like to know more about the behavior.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus