• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Joint fundraising effort.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
First, I feel badly that I haven't been around on the site much recently. My schedule has been so hectic and I really haven't had much reptile related news to post about. I certainly hope that things calm down a bit so that I can participate more.

As many of you know I operate a reptile rescue and I also volunteer with a dog rescue group. This past weekend there was a huge event called Dog Bowl that the boxer rescue was attending. I attended both days with my foster dogs and had a terrific time. There were dogs of every breed there, dock diving dogs, frisbee champion demonstrations, dog/owner look-alike contests, etc. We had an idea to do some joint fundraising and it worked out really well. On Sunday my daughter and I fitted one of our larger Sulcata tortoises with a donation can and let him wander amongst the crowd with a "tortoise sitter". Bob was a huge hit and must have had his photo taken about 5000 times! In all Bob collected about $150 in bills and change. I wish we had thought to take him on Saturday, also. Here are some pics of the event.

30216Bob_at_Bowl-med.jpg

30216wide_shot-med.jpg

This is my daughter's new foster dog, a darling little Staffie pup, just 9 months old. We had her spayed this past Tuesday and found that she was already 2 weeks pregnant carrying 10 puppies! Poor little girl. She is a sweet as they come.
db066.jpg

This is my newest foster who we picked up at the event yesterday. She had a sign around her neck that said "Free Dog" so, in order to keep her from becoming a bait dog or possibly being sold for research, we took her in. Her coat has been shaved down so I have no idea what she will eventually look like. We are thinking a Saluki mix, maybe.
db028.jpg

It was a fun and productive weekend. One of my fosters went to his permanent home on Saturday, another met her approved potential adopter on Sunday, and a young couple fell absolutely in love with my big old Rottie foster, Dozer. Plus, we made a little money and some new friends. I'm sunburned badly and very tired but feeling pretty darned good! :)

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Awww beautiful dogs and I love the tortoise with the can on his shell! I can't wait to get a tortoise for myself! (waits patiently for the Hamburg reptile show :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus