• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jeweled Curlytail

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
Allright everyone this is the last inquiry for the week I promise :-D . How active are they? How do they deal with handling? What size cage do you think I would need to properly house 4 of these guys? do they have a specialized diet? What temps/humidity are needed? Finally what should I use for substrate? Sorry for all of the questions, but if anyone could answer them it would be a huge help as I'm looking into these beauts. Thanks for your time

-matt

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not know much about them, I wish I could help more. I do know we have Curlytail lizards here in our state and they are lizard eaters. They are causing some problems in south Florida, they are said to be eating all of our native small lizard species.

joshandjack

5 Year Member
i dont think they get bigger than 10 or 12 inches, and they could probably be kept in a forty gallon maybe a little larger, on a mixture of sand and (peat moss or )something to retain humidity. besides eating lizards, they are probably pretty much insectivorous. i looked for caresheets, but couldnt find to many online, but they seem like they are pretty easy captives as long as they are parasite free.

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I found a nice article on curlytail species in the newest reptiles usa magazine talk about coincidence lol. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980