• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this normal?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Lucky went to the vet because of his poop issues. He wasn't pooping for a week and then just had watery diarrhea for another week. We couldn't get a fecal done because he only had urates for the week and the poop was so liquid it was like water. Anyway, they did a cloacal wash to see if they could get something out but only got urates. At that point, they just decided to give him a week of Panacur and see if that helps.

He did poop that night after the first dose so I don't know if it took effect quickly or if it's something else. Today he had his second dose and spent all day in his tank. I have him out now but when I first got him out, I noticed that his belly felt twice as big as yesterday, swollen, and taut. He pooped right away and it let up a little but I have a pic of what his belly looks like:

3171819927_245fa5ab96.jpg

So is this normal and could his belly grow this fast overnight, or should I be really worried?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
He just got out of the bath now. They both have been getting them daily (beardie and Lucky) now that I have had some issues with them. He did one extra urate but not much else. The width in the widest part of his belly is 2.25".

jor71

5 Year Member
My boy once stopped going for about a week. I let him soak in the bath for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, I rubbed his belly from sternum to vent for about ten minutes. I put him back in the water for another 10 minutes to see if he would go. He didn't, so I put him back in his cage.

He started going the next day and hasn't stopped ever since :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He looks bloated a bit, this could be from gasses, I would not worry until it has been a few days. Some foods will make a tegu bloat from gas. Keep us posted.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Lucky seems to be better today. His belly has gone down a lot. I think it was gasses too because he eats too much egg. Today he is going to try liver at dinner. I hope he likes it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029