• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

is it safe to not encourage hibernating?

G

i have have two tegus,one is a columbian and the other is a black and white.ihave them both in the same cage and if the b/w goes to sleep i dont want the columbian disturbing him/her.would it be ok if i try to keep the b/w from hibernating?

tora

If you mean harassing it if it goes down then no, that would not be a good idea. Just keep summertime temps, and hope he doesn't go down. You can't control it though. Also, why are they in the same cage?

G

If you mean harassing it if it goes down then no
haha no i mean by keeping the temps the same and not lowering them.there in the same cage because i put them in the same cage...they get along neither one of em are hostile towards eachother so i went with it.

tora

Well once the Argentine outgrows the Colombian you're going to want to separate them, you don't want to wake up missing a tegu. :p

& like I said keeping the temps the same is ok. It's no guarantee it'll stay awake, though.

G

yeah i was planing on taking them out when they got bigger.but for now they get along pretty well and most of the time they even sleep together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long