• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is it normal for a new tegu to stay burrowed for a long time?

Gunner

Hi I recently purchased a 2 month old argentine black and white tegu from a breeder. The first day I had him he was basking and exploring, but later in the day he disappeared. I know they like to burrow so I figured that’s what he did but it’s now the next day and I still have not seen him. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should be worried.

rantology

Totally normal. He'll likely stay burrowed a lot over the next few weeks as he gains confidence in his new environment. Be patient with him

gone_awry

Hi I recently purchased a 2 month old argentine black and white tegu from a breeder. The first day I had him he was basking and exploring, but later in the day he disappeared. I know they like to burrow so I figured that’s what he did but it’s now the next day and I still have not seen him. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should be worried.
I will have had mine for two weeks on Tuesday and she has been really inconsistent. She’ll be very curious and active one day, and then burrow for the next 2 days until she’s hungry and then she will come out to eat and explore again. It was freaking me out at first, but I’ve come to realize she will come out when she wants food, and once she’s out she will be out for hours exploring before burrowing again. Hang in there! :)

Godzilla Earth

could be anywhere from a few months to a few years. Parental department say their ok but some conditions. were bottom middle class peeps but my grandpa is a lawer and he has a bunch of work needed like lawn work/cleaning and I get paid about $10 per hour when I do. also If i solve rubix cubes I get $50-$100. probably can get the encousure+paint soon, but then theres that hides and other stuff. but birthdays coming soon and I always get at least $50 from grandparents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont