• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

is $200 a good price for a blue tegu

mookieg

5 Year Member
Ok so I find a blue tegu on craigslist for $200. she is 1.5 year old . missing some toes & tail. I want to know if $200 is a deal for her shape how much do blues sell for?
Would you buy her?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd say 200's a steal. Make sure it's a blue. I'd buy a blue for 200 even with a missing tail and a few toes, those are only cosmetic imperfections and they don't bother me. A blue usually goes for 400-600 as of late, from what I've seen. But I've seen them go for lower.

elmo

i paid 300 for my red female, i got ripped off but either i paid 300 or she would have died. she was at flea market and most of the guys animals died. elmo was only 2 months old when i 1st saw her, and 3 months old when i finally got her. she hadn't grown in a month and looked thinner. she was so calm but its was prolly more from not having the energy to b a normal baby. it took a month to get her to eat right.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you can, you should post pictures of it. Are you sure it is really a blue? Missing toes and tail issues are generally a result of improper care. If the tegu is in good health besides the physical imperfections I would say $200 is an awesome deal.

TeguBlake

Yeah, I would agree 200 would be a steal, also you would be taking a tegu out of what seems to be improper care and bring it to a good home.! It's there personality that counts any ways if he is sweet he worth every penny.

mookieg

5 Year Member
mookieg said:
Ok so I find a blue tegu on craigslist for $200. she is 1.5 year old . missing some toes & tail. I want to know if $200 is a deal for her shape how much do blues sell for?
Would you buy her?

Sorry for the long reply and thanks for the info i been trying to pist a pic but not sure how but i will keep trying

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Most people use a host site like flickr or photo bucket to post pics. Just copy and paste the IMG code from the site into your message and preview before posting to make sure that it shows up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980