• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

introducing two males

herpgirl2510

I ended up getting a black and white 2 1/2 foot black and white argentine tegu. I introduced bogart my red who is 3 feet to him today. This is how it went at first bogart was really flicking his tongue in and out so I was on alert he then proceeded to mount tonka and opened his mouth to grab the back of his throat. This all happened slowly because bogart really takes his time getting around . I figured I would try the tub in the tub bogart got on top of tonka so tonka was underwater. When Tonka would move bogart kind of floated along with him on top of him. Again no one was moving quickly. I took them out. Tonka my B&W barely paid any attention to bogart but bogart went up and was going to bite tonka's tail. It was kind of funny because bogart is so slow so he was not rushing at him or anything. I figured maybe if I keep trying they might at some point be able to roam together. Was this Bogart just showing his dominance he did not seem like he was in an attack mode but I have never had tegus so I don't know what he was doing meant. I planned ahead luckily and have a 7x3x3 enclosure already built for tonka so they won't be housed together any advice would be great . Bogart follows Tonka around dragging his back end trying to mount him. Look like what you would see between a male and female during mating season.

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8227#ixzz1Mu5E6KzC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu