• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introducing other animals

Socabch

5 Year Member
Can Tegu's and dogs live in harmony? I have a very sweet American Staffie. She is the most loving dog of that breed you'll meet. If I feed her outside about three of the neighbors cats come and share her food. She let's them eat right out of her bowl with her. What's the best way to introduce them without losing the trust of the Tegu? Or should I even try?

BOOZER

5 Year Member
wouldnt try it! i have 2 pitbulls as well and 1 female is real cool but together all spells mischief !!

homer

5 Year Member
i know a few people with tegus and dogs that let them out in the house all the time.. they dont bother each other, its cats that i wouldnt trust, unless your tegu is full grown

Socabch

5 Year Member
I know my dog extremely well. She only likes to sniff other animals, even possums. Gross!!! I'm more thinking about the Tegu so it doesn't get stressed at having a dog sniff it on the first meeting. How long should I wait to introduce them?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i dont know about tegus with this but we have a bearded dragon that we let out to free roam in the house. our 2 cats and dog dont bother him at all. the dog is protective of him and will lay at the door in the sun with him and the cats are scared of him (plus the dog chases the cats away from him).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan