• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Impaction or Constipation? Help Needed!

Draco D Tegu

OH HE IS SUCH A BRAT!

So, Gator's ticked that I dug him up to check on him (hadn't seen him since Sunday). I had to towel wrap him to get him out. He huffed hissed and puffed up. Still doing it OUT of his enclosure too.

Terrible twos! (in Gu that would be 7 months by my estimation!).

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just for reference, Iâ??ve found a technique that works great for me to wake up a sleeping Teguâ?¦

Very simply poor warm water into the hide he is sleeping in. This wakes him up slowly and peacefully. Then once awake curiosity will encourage him to come out and see what the heck is going on.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: OH HE IS SUCH A BRAT!

Draco D Tegu said:
So, Gator's ticked that I dug him up to check on him (hadn't seen him since Sunday). I had to towel wrap him to get him out. He huffed hissed and puffed up. Still doing it OUT of his enclosure too.

Terrible twos! (in Gu that would be 7 months by my estimation!).

wouldn't you be pissed if someone dug you up from a deep sleep? I had to do the same thing this past sunday. i get worried sometimes and need to make sure they are still alive.

Draco D Tegu

Oh I like the warm water idea! I will do that from now on!

Yeah I'm ticked every morning when my alarm clock digs me outta my nice warm hide!

Moofins

Reading about all of their quirks and tics has really gotten me interested and amused (I am in the planning process of getting a B&W; first post on here, actually).

I own three herps, one being a beardie, and I know them to have hilarious personalities. However, these tegus sound like they have it tenfold. I'm excited. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980