• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iguanas: Rhino vs Green

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I notice a lot of people on this forum own rhino iguanas and I am curious to see how they compare to green iguanas. In the future, I would very much like to have an iggy species of some sort but I want to know which would be the best choice. I've worked with greens before—the worst bite I've ever received from an animal was from the male who used to live at work—but have only seen rhinos in zoos. I did see that one video of the guy's kid eating cereal with the family rhino and thought it was one of the cutest things I'd ever seen.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I've had alot of greens,and own a rhino and had others lol,i think green iguanas are alittle more aggressive,every iguana will be different.Care almost the same and rhino's dont get as long but more stocky bith cool iguanas,rhino's being my favorite.My juvi cuban is cool too good temperment to .

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You might want to do some research on cubans(C. nubila) while you're at it, they're beautiful and often described as one of the easier iggy species to tame.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
You might want to do some research on cubans(C. nubila) while you're at it, they're beautiful and often described as one of the easier iggy species to tame.

Good point my cuban is alot more calm than any green or rhino i'd ever had and i had alot of greens years ago and a couple rhino's,and only one hatchling high contrast cuban which i have now very calm for a little guy.

JohnMatthew said:

Good point my cuban is alot more calm than any green or rhino i'd ever had and i had alot of greens years ago and a couple rhino's,and only one hatchling high contrast cuban which i have now very calm for a little guy.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mine has been really mellow for a hatchling and his color is getting better each shed,he was 12'' when i got him now 14'' fast growth.

RobK.

I have had ony one green and he never would tame down . My first rhino tamed within weeks , the one i have now took a few months . BUT worth it IMO , they look soooo cool with horns .

Rhominov2011-1.jpg

teguboy77

5 Year Member
RobK. said:
I have had ony one green and he never would tame down . My first rhino tamed within weeks , the one i have now took a few months . BUT worth it IMO , they look soooo cool with horns .

Rhominov2011-1.jpg

Yeah i agree i like the rhino's the best but my cuban is pretty awsome too,a real pleasure to keep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980