• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I need all the info I can get.

Cruso

5 Year Member
Hey guys, looking to get an argentine black and white possibly in April and I need all the info I can get. I know they get 4ft+ and I know what to feed them, but I would like to know how fast they grow, what size of tank I should have for a hatchling (I would like the tank to last me about 6 months to a year).

Any info is appreciated. :)
Thanks!

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Click the home page button. And right in the middle it will say, "Helpful Tegu Information." There's a list of really good informative reads.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
I got my tegu in late october 08, It was only around 9 maybe 10 inches then. We are in late febuary and my tegu is 31 inches long. So its hard to say how long a 70 gallon tank would last. I would say 3 months 4 at the most. Also april is spring time when tegus try and eat and grow as much as they can before winter comes.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
whattt? your tegu grew 22 inches in 4 months???
i got my b/w argentine tegu 2 months ago and hes only grown about 2 or 3 inches :S

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
I know, Its crazy how fast its been growing. I guess its a girl so growth should slow down i would guess due to the fact s/he already almost 3 feet and girls kinda top out at 3 feet 6 inchs. Now im trying to con my wife into getting a male. lol.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
I have decided to get a male. I am trying SUPER hard to wait for one of bobbys this year..

that's what i'm doing man, it's a long time to wait but i feel it will be worth it. i knew i would be pretty impatient, so i put my deposit on one. so now i have to wait!

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
yup, thats what im thinking about doing to. put the money down and just wait. i agree with you bobbys are worth waiting for..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.