• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I Love Tegus But I Have Anther Reptile Testimonial!!

Back in in November oof 2010, I had a Brazilian Rainbow Boa named Athena, she was beautiful as a boa could be, i was working some really hard 24 and 48 hour shifts out of town and having to drive my self in getting home around 3am - 5am. i spent nearly 2,000 dollars always making sure this Boaconstrictor was in perfect health, one night it was late, she had not eatin in 14 days and was going through shed, that night when I got in she had shed, so i gave her a frozen mouse to eat, I never leave my snakes or any reptile alone while they eat, it took her 3 - 4 hours to eat, i dozed off by accident, had one lock on the cage instead of 2, and when I poped back up i saw her eating and was watching her eat and apparently i blacked out right then asuming i had already put both locks on the cage in my exausted state of mind, we had a really bad harsh and cold winter, some how way after all this time, when I drove into the body shop this morning in my dad's truck to work on MY car that im restoring, I open the truck door and from the side out the engine/hood area my beautiful brazillian rainbow boa appeared looking right at me, i stuck my hand out and she crawled right onto it like she always did comming right to me, she was savierly dehyrdiated, i put her in a box with a big water pool and changed the water every hour, it looked like she had broken ribs andp ossibly a few scars from somthing, but the broken caved in ribbed area where i thought i had smashed her was only from dehydriation, she crawled out of the box and got caught in tape and was fighitng and struggling, oi saw and ran to her and she stopped struggling and allowed me to help her then cralwed back in my hands and curled up and didnt wanna go back into the box but i had to put her in it. I called breeders and a exotic pet store, i had the breeders, all the staff, managers, even the owner of the pet store came down just to help me, the aquarium i had had been broken during a storing proccess and i was broke completely, been looking for a job and my father has had 4 heart attacks, sister is in the hospital and my dadh ad surgery and still has more to go, my motheri s relitivly a quote ***** and its always her way or no way shes against almost everything and cares nothing for other beliefs views feelings or anything, and her and my dad would of got into it if i brought it home today, andi dont want him having anther heart attack, so afterl ike 15 people examined my baby Athena, and herd me out, they said theyll hold her for me til saturday so i can get things in order and not put any strain on my dad or situations and would even help me feed her and nurse her. this is such a blessing to have my baby back a true testimonial in my opinion.

new2tegus

That is so nice to hear, I'm glad you got her back. It's sad that some people out there don't believe all animals have feelings, or the ability to recognize people or things they know. She obviously knew you, and knew you would help her. I hope she's doing well.

I hope i get to keep her but it made me feel so glad to see her alive and well and recovering so quickly, and yes to me a living thing must have some form of feelings for it to even be considerd alive inside, and yes she was always terrified of my friends, and would crawl over to me if i had her outt and struggle getting away from them and come strait to me and go around my neck very loosly or aim to curle up in a ball in my hand or lap, she didnt like anyone but me. i hope she is doing very well right now, and idearly hope i get her back and and soon. :( i loves her. i had a dog 16 years, i knew shed die, and i love rpetiels so i decided it was time to get a new one, and i was gonna orginally get a yellow anaconda, a blood python, or somehting i wanted a snake, but i saw her and when the pet store owner held her out, he said, pick her up hereb efore i hand her to you, i said i know ive messed with reptiels all my life im experianced sir, and when i reached out i just turned my palm upside down and he looked at me like wtf and she crawled into my hand and would not go back into his. i fell in love with that baby brazillian rainbow boa i did i did i sure did yes i did :) she only bit me one time but it was bc she wa hiding and i was lighly tapping the ground to see where she was hidden like walking my finers on it to see if itd make herm ove and it scared her bc i placed them right behind herh ead with out knowing where she was but she let go quick then curled her tail around my bitten finger and crawled up looking at me as if saying im sorry and trying to take care of it. shes very precious and dear to me.

herpgirl2510

Glad to hear you have her back. It is sad the say people feel reptiles are not capable of having any type of bond with their owner. It may not be the same as a dog or cat but I think there is some sort of trust and that to me is a pretty strong bond. I believe it is on their terms though.

roastedspleen

thats quite a lot of love for one animal... i cant spend 20 minutes with any of mine without being bothered but when i get my tegu ill probably lock myself in my room

haha Tegus are awesome, i met someone on here last night who loves one of the same monitors i do, back throat monitor! :D i love reptiels in genera, peope say iguanas are most popular lizardish wise, but i think its tegus not iguanas :D

new2tegus

That's great, I do hope you get her back, I can't wait to get my gu, I will probably only leave him in his enclosure to just heat up and so forth, and just let him have the run of the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu