• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I like holding my rhino but ....

RobK.

he has a thing for buttons and grabbed the top button of my shirt near my throat just a few minutes ago . he will grab and jerk at any buttons or bright spots . Plain T -shirt from now on . :huh:

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure it's just curiosity and not an act of aggression. Birds are attracted to shiny objects and we've all seen the vids of dogs and cats going after laser pointers, but I had no idea lizards would show similar behavior. Fascinating. I'm glad you didn't get bit, Rob, and i'll keep my fingers crossed you don't.

Maro1

I've got a Rhino that will grab with the intention of making it hurt. Most of mine though like certain colors and will grab them.

AP27

Odin will try to grab my fingers if I have nail polish on. I think he's attracted to the shininess. And Tigger(one of our beardies) will bite and chomp on anything that looks like a cricket, including a hole in your shirt lol. They're just investigating curious things.

Maro1

Rob, I NEVER completely trust anything. I don't consider anything I have a pet. Rather incredible wild animals. They can at any moment make you wish you had been more careful. With all of the hormonal changes they go through. They can be unpredictable and powerful. Just ask Retic Rhino man and how his attacked him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFKh1ABovw4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Always be careful

Maro1

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i know what your saying maro1 i had a green iguana about 13 years ago raised it from a baby as it hit breeding age he started to change and one day had him on my sholder he darted up and bit my face and a 3 year old male green iguana has a strong bit had to get stitches the good thing i didnt pull him off he let go but left a nice bit lol,now from that point on i'm extra careful.

Maro1

Yeah, I have never been bitten by much in fact only a wolf and a ball python in 30 + years of keeping animals. I always remember that these animals do NOT have cognitive reasoning as us humans do. They will bite the hand that feeds them! :)

Maro1

RobK.

dragonmetalhead said:
I'm sure it's just curiosity and not an act of aggression. Birds are attracted to shiny objects and we've all seen the vids of dogs and cats going after laser pointers, but I had no idea lizards would show similar behavior. Fascinating. I'm glad you didn't get bit, Rob, and i'll keep my fingers crossed you don't.

he very tame and curios and not a mean bone in his body . But it was still to close . no more buttons . He also loves pockets , pulled one right of a new shirt with one yank . These guys are strong !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980