• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I just dont know what to do!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Geez, it's seems like Asami is turning into my problem child. Seems like there's always an issue :bang She wont shed, and unless it's mice she won't eat :!: Now everyone says keep giving variety, but she'll go more than a week without eating if I dont feed her mice :crazy Everyone on here is probably thinking I'm crazy :(

p.s. I even cut the mouse open, stuffed it with ground turkey, and she shook it until the turkey came out :hifit

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Send her to me!! :) J/K, she should be fine come spring, just wait and see if it is winter causing the feeding problems. As for shedding, just give her lots of warm soaks and watch your humidity.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
For shedding, mine was the same way, it was shedding but it was taking forever and not coming off very easy I had to help it alot. My humidity was perfect all day using a cypress-eco dirt substrate mix which holds 70-80% humidity all day, right when i mist it gets close to 90% and I gave warm soaks every other day or so. Skin still got a bit dry so I bought this stuff for $7 or so called Humidifying Spray-Tropic Mist...and its made by Zilla(good company), you actually can spray it directly on your tegus skin and it prevents dry skin and shedding problems, contains rich emollients and Aloe Vera. Stuff works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980