• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How to make Sliding Glass Doors on Cage

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
I'm buying a BoaMaster cage that is 6'x3'x3' and want to put sliding glass doors on it (instead of the 2 drop down doors with acrylic windows). Mark of BoaMasters says he can cut a square hole for this project and I can do the rest. How much would this cost (approx.), how big a project is this, and what tools/supplies will I need? What else will I need to think about before doing this because I can still do drop down doors with acrylic windows but I'm thinking that acrylic might scratch. Or will it?

Thanks for all the info you guys can provide!

preston897

yes the acrylic will scratch. if you want somthing that wont scratch you need tempered glass. also as acrylic gets old it starts looking dingy and kinda yellowish. if its not kept super clean. as far as the sliding doors go you will need to get the tracks and the rollers plus the glass/acrylic. also if it were me i would get a lock to put on it. i would allow 150 for it probably.

Adam87

5 Year Member
here do what i did get a hold of 2 pieces of vynial fence attach one piece on the top with the notch sticking down and the other on the bottem with the notch sticking up and slide the glass in. it works great if u want i'll send u some pics on my sliding doors

Adam87

5 Year Member
the only down fall to it is that the substrate gets in the tracks and makes loud noises like a sand or dirt, but if ur using mulch then it may slow it down, but otherthan that it works out great

camaro3800series2

I do the exact thing mentioned above with vinyl fence, been doing it for years. Lol and your right about the sounds if sand gets stuck in there! I've heard that sound atleast a thousand times I'm getting flash backs. But yeah you can make sliding tracks for less than $10, I've built whole 6' x 2' enclosures with glass fronts for less than $30! I prefer it better than a fish tank, makes them feel more secure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu