• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much variety to feed

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I'm trying to get used to Asami's feeding schedule, but it can be pretty irregular :roll: Things I have attempted to feed are, salmon, ground turkey, dusted crickets, fuzzies, 1 day old quail, cantalope, grapes, strawberry's, chicken livers, raw chicken, and hard boiled eggs. It seems like she'll like something for 2-3 feedings then get bored with it and not want it anymore :!: I find the only thing she doen't get tired of are fuzzies, quail, and ground turkey(although yesterday she only ate 1 ball of turkey). How often can I feed these items be fed, and how do I get her to eat things she's bored with :?: :?: :?: Any advise is appreciated :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I give mine something different each day. I am not big on fruits, and some of mine will not eat them at all. She will eat when she is hungry, and rodents will probably be her favorite food. Mine love them, as well as ducklings, chicks, turkey and fish.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
rodents are my tegus fav food to along with boiled eggs, yesterday my 17 inch tegu chowed down 3 fuzzie mice and 1/2 of a boiled egg. about 3 hours later he/she ate the other half of the egg. He/she grows around 1 1/2 inch a week, GROWING CRAZY FAST!!!!
IS THIS NORMAL??

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They grow wicked fast for the first year. I think our baby Blues are growing about that much a week. It all depends on how much you feed them, their basking temps and the amount of UVB they get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029