• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much should a baby B/W Tegu eat?

Leezard

5 Year Member
I would try to introduce some whole prey items into the diet. My Chacoan won't even look at bugs any more so his diet consists of mostly mice fuzzies (80%) with ground turkey, beef liver, fish, and eggs making up about 20% of the diet. The whole prey items will also speed the recovery from MBD. Robert eats 3 fuzzies per meal now! What a porker!
We actually found out from our vet that our weekly feeding of 2 adult mice and 1 baby chick was too much and verging on the territory of early fatty liver disease and suggested one mouse and one chick every two weeks instead and already he's lost his excess weight and has more energy.

Dylan koch

How old is the tegu though? My babies eat daily but only right now mainly bugs and once a week fish and meat, turkey or quail rarely pinkys or fuzzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980