• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much of the tail is missing?

firfy

I am thinking of getting this 10 month old blue tegu, it has a regenerated tail, so I was wondering what the original length of the tail would be at this age and if you can tell me about how much tail this tegu is missing, also will the tail grow as the tegu grows like if the rest of the tail that is not regenerated got fatter, will the regenerated part get fatter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Firfy, For what it's worth, my experience says its an old break that has grown out to its fullest or nearly so. The regwnerated portion will fatten some, given its age it will be typical in length and width, only different in color/pattern.Hope this helps.

firfy

And by flattened do you mean it would be less round than the rest of the tail?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And by flattened do you mean it would be less round than the rest of the tail?

No. It is not flat. It is round as it should be and will fatten, get fatter with time and food.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980