• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How Long Can A Baby Go Without Food

jfajfar

Hello,

My hatchling female B&W has been with me for 2 days, she has yet to eat and has only come out of hiding once yesterday and none today. I offered scrambled eggs, and whole snails deshelled, I am going to try crickets today but in case she doesn't eat, I want to know ahead of time how long she can go without eating before I need to start getting worried?

Attachments

• 20160706_130219.jpg
    20160706_130219.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112

viejo

5 Year Member
This is normal behavior for a tegu in new surroundings. The crickets should get her started but don't be overly concerned if she goes a few days without food. Small dubia roaches would be even better if you have them available. She appears alert & curios in the pic which is a good sign. Some moving prey will most likely be just what she is seeking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu