• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How hot is to hot?

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
I finaly perfected my black and whites cage temps and humidity. then I noticed the basking temp was 120* f ..
Is this a safe temp?

It should be near 110 right?

LouDog760

5 Year Member
If your basking rock is on top of your substrate, take the substrate out underneath the rock so it sits lower to the bottom.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Thats why everyone says don't use hot rocks because they always get too hot and burn your animal. Heat lamps are the only thing I will use.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
Thats why everyone says don't use hot rocks because they always get too hot and burn your animal. Heat lamps are the only thing I will use.

No where did it say he is using a hot rock :doh

What type of bulb are you using? Try a lower wattage to get the temp where it needs to be. I like mine around 115 F.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
havn't used a hot rock sence I was 6... I did end up getting the temps to 107 with a little bit of work :-D thanks everyone

I am using a MVB it does a pretty good job when room temps stay around 75. that wont last for long :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029