• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How are we doing?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Everyone,

I like to do this type of thread periodically - just to get the pulse of the community and see where I should be focusing my efforts. How do you feel we can make TeguTalk a better place?
Just to get the ideas flowing, some of my thoughts include,:
more frequent photo contests
a logo/t-shirt design contest
TeguTalk.com Mobile Apps (Apple and Android)
Tegu blog articles - any interested writers?

Most importantly, how is the site working for you all? Is there anything that needs my immediate attention?

As always, thank you all so much for your feedback! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes to everything! lol.

I think the sites going well. There seems to be another increase in new members, which is awesome.

Sirhc401

I think it going smoothly. Yes to all and a super YES to mobile app. I am on here 90% of the time through my iPhone. I'm also still looking forward to t-shirts we can buy to advertise tegu talk.

HPIZZLE

deffinitely an iphone app lol.
overall this is my favorite forum i have ever used and the only one i use now. awesome advice, friendly people, and it seems everyone is pretty knowledgeable. theres also not a lot of trolls on here.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bump, I like all the ideas you listed.

I definitely think we should get some sort of contest or something going, we've got a lot of new members and we need something to keep us active while our tegus, etc. are down for the count.

I'm on my iPad almost 99% of the time, so an app would be amazing. As said previously, I would definitely buy a Tegu Talk t-shirt or two.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think its going great especially compared to past few years it(the f orums)usually went into hibernation with the tegus lol ill second that app but im #teamandroid hehehe

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
I think its going great especially compared to past few years it(the f orums)usually went into hibernation with the tegus lol ill second that app but im #teamandroid hehehe

Droid all the way. Got the Droid 3 by Motorola. But my iPad 2 is bigger so I prefer to use it over the droid, haha.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
This website is GREAT, Josh! I DO THINK that there should be some clarification about who's in charge and making decisions about things like closing threads and such.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I will start saving up so we can get our very own TeguTalk mobile apps. Don't worry, we'll have both TeamApple and TeamAndroid covered ;)

Along with this thread, I want to make it clear that any of you can PM me or email me at [email protected] at ANY TIME if you have any problems with the site. This includes technical problems, spam, trolls, even if you feel a situation wasn't handled properly by a mod (mods are only people and may make mistakes too).

Ultimately, I want this to be a friendly, neutral place where ANYONE who obeys our community guidelines can come to discuss proper Tegu care. I think most of you would support this goal and I think that's why most of you are here. If you feel that we are not meeting this goal - please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I want to top this thread for any new issues that may have come up or any new ideas anyone has!

Thanks!

frost

1,000+ Post Club
it might just be something on my computer, but sometimes when i try to send a private email i have to copy and send it like 5 times before it actually sends. i would also like to see a merger or some other forums. it might stir up some more interesting conversations or at least more variation.

Compnerd7

frost said:
it might just be something on my computer, but sometimes when i try to send a private email i have to copy and send it like 5 times before it actually sends. i would also like to see a merger or some other forums. it might stir up some more interesting conversations or at least more variation.

I Couldn't come up with anything when I was thinking about it, but I really like Frosts idea. That may be a little hard to do, but a merger from another forum, that could spark some real cool discussions and cross examinations between different species of reptiles; we could get into some deep and heavy stuff.

Some additions to this forum could be helpful. Add Caiman Lizards, Crocodiles / Alligators, and Monitors because A lot of people who have a Tegu have one of the aforementioned in addition.

A direct change to this forum that would be nice is more Admins. So far, you are the only Admin I have seen, everyone else is a Moderator. I know it is not an easy responsibility to bestow on someone, but I believe it would help the community, and newcomers to have a stronger structure.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Any other feedback for me and the mod team would be greatly appreciated! What do you think needs our attention most? What new features would you like to see here at TeguTalk?

got10

You guys are doing great .As a matter of fact you guys went above and beyond to help me with an issue on the site unlike the "other " place that likes to play cyber gangster as well as let crooks run the show and Just please don't get like F.C.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for Fauna Classifieds or Kingsnake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980