• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Housing together

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Hi all, this is a purely hypothetical question. I think it is probably a stupid question but am going to put it out there anyway.

It is a bad idea to try and house a pair of tegus in a 6x3 foot enclosure right? I was just sitting here entertaining ideas about perhaps getting a female to go with Jasper but am pretty sure this is a poor idea and someone (her) would get hurt. Jasper is pretty big and 2 years old (male).

Please dont flame me!

Carole :crazy

2991300290033952798S500x500Q85.jpg

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Wow nice picture! But if you wanted to house to together the smallest size enclosure would be 8x3x3

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Chances are one would become dominant and bully the other one. Even if they seem to get along at first, one of they could get hormonal or go postal for no reason. 2 males would more than likely be a problem. If you have a huge area (a bedroom?) with completely separate basking & hiding areas it might work. Male & female would certainly have to be separated during breeding season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu