• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation

Derek Doel

I have a 3 yr old male and this year now that it is getting cold out he is starting to sleep more. In the first two winters he was very active and would always eat. I don't want to over feed him now. So my question is, how often should be be fed now?

He does come out to bask in the lights and drink water and then goes right back in to sleep more.

Temps are 100F on the warm side, basking spot is 115F and the cool side is around 85-90F. Humidity is 75%. At night time the temp drops to 75-80F

During the summer I was feeding him every 4 days

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
85-90 f isn't cool.

Depending on conditions and the individual, some hibernate more fully than others. I'd start with offering a little food every 4 days and take it from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980