• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi there!

KhanKrazy

Hey!

My name is Ashley and I'm brand new to the forum here. I currently don't have a Tegu yet but have been doing research for the past several months while thinking about getting one. I'm still a while from finally purchasing one as I want to meet a few adults in person so I can get a better understanding of what it's like living with one and actually see in person instead of just pictures online. I think I have my hopes set on a Blue Argentine but hey, you never know which one will find me!

A bit about me; I'm 28 years old and live in Utah with my fiancé. We currently have three dogs, a few cats, a bird, and Poison Dart Frogs. Truthfully birds are my number one love when it comes to animals but I am not yet in a position where I can build a whole indoor aviary for my kids so only have a Green Cheek right now. But since we've been together I've come to learn a lot about reptiles and have had a Tegu on my mind for over half a year now. I had a Bearded Dragon and a Ball Python as a teenager so I am not 100% brand new to reptile care and needs.

Glad I found this website though and I look forward to pestering everyone with a million questions. Just when I think I'm done researching, I come across even more I want to know.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site and hopefully to the Gu world soon........ Ask as many questions as you like as its always better to be over prepared than under, plus this site has some great people on it who care for animals of all kinds dearly and are happy to help in anyway they can... :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. You're in good company. I thinn tou'll find a lot to read in older threads

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Always good to have new owners. You'll like this site - knowledgeable respectful people. Don't forget to check out the guy that rescues B/W Argentine Tegus from Florida. His name is Rodney Irwin (TegusOnly) and after purchasing 2 of his rescues, I can vouch for their hardiness. I have a male and a female - they are absolutely beautiful. My male is large, and both are beautifully colored. Rodney is great at helping you with your needs (young, old etc.) His prices definitely beat the prices at stores. Either way....good luck!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Always good to have new owners. You'll like this site - knowledgeable respectful people. Don't forget to check out the guy that rescues B/W Argentine Tegus from Florida. His name is Rodney Irwin (TegusOnly) and after purchasing 2 of his rescues, I can vouch for their hardiness. I have a male and a female - they are absolutely beautiful. My male is large, and both are beautifully colored. Rodney is great at helping you with your needs (young, old etc.) His prices definitely beat the prices at stores. Either way....good luck!
I agree with Debita. Mine're from Rodney and wonderful.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Here are a couple current pics of my rescues from TegusOnly... Skully, the larger 2 yr old male, and Captain, the smaller female (almost a year old)
20200106_161203 - Edited.jpg
20191118_130823 (2020-01-06T23_37_36.976).jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980