• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hi All, I'm a reptile lover!

Zookeeper

I have rhinos, beardies, cresties and several uromastyx (including Egyptians), but I am new to tegus. I rescued and adopted an Argentine tegu a couple of weeks ago and have fallen in love with her personality. She appears to be about 4 years old and is a healthy eater. I'm excited about this site and getting to know other tegu owners!

Zookeeper

Welcome, and congrats! I'm new to site too, but owned tegus for least a decade.

Thanks! You must have a lot of experience with tegus. Do you have exclusively Argentine tegus or do you have other species of tegus as well? My tegu hasn't eaten for a couple of days but seems normal in her actions. I normally feed her turkey meat balls, eggs and fruit. I use forest floor for her substrate. Should I be concerned?

I've had Columbians and golds too, but the B&W Argentinans are my true loves! if you're tegu is a regular eater and then gets a big meal it's not uncommonfor them to go a couple days without eating. Especially as the season starts to turn towards winter their appetite will decrease as they begin to go into hibernation mode

1440977776056.jpg

On the flooring...when my lizards were still cage bound...I used calcium and walnut, and sifted every other week...and tore news paper long wise as cover...tree branch for basking... And anchored a food dish to branch

Zookeeper

I've had Columbians and golds too, but the B&W Argentinans are my true loves! if you're tegu is a regular eater and then gets a big meal it's not uncommonfor them to go a couple days without eating. Especially as the season starts to turn towards winter their appetite will decrease as they begin to go into hibernation mode
Thanks for the feedback! I looked closer at the ground turkey my husband bought for me and found it had rosemary in it, so I'm thinking that may be why she didn't want it as she ate all of the grapes I placed in her dish this morning. I'm going to try and feed her the fresh ground turkey in the morning. Not to change the subject, but were your Columbians aggressive? They seem to get a bad rap most of the time. I had a green tree python and he lived up to his reputation! Unfortunately, he died this summer while I was away on vacation ... not sure what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu