• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey..

alewis0890

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Allan and I'm from TX, I just got a female red tegu 2 days ago, she's last years baby and has been in hibernation and still is. I own 1.1.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Male savannah Monitor, and My little red girl... Any way just wanted to say hi to all and nice forum...

alewis0890

5 Year Member
I figured I should post pics of my little ones so here ya go.

Sadiecopy.jpg

Hades1copy.jpg

12-11-08_1125copy.jpg

Zeuscopy.jpg

Zeus is a rescue.. he was handed to me pretty much dead...
01-18-09_1801copy.jpg

Baby Isis seems to ALWAYS come in blurry through my phone so excuse that lol.

Those are my little ones right now, I had a whole zoo going but i got evicted 3 times for them all so im pretty set right now with what i got, but my lease is up in may so i can rebuild then I have been into reptiles basically all my life and started out vet school but im unsure wether to follow that path I know i want to open a reptile shop since all of ours are completely clueless or outdated about the care of everything they sale. So theres a little more about me lol.

John_E_Dove

5 Year Member
Nothing says you cannot open a Store if you have a Vet degree. We REALLY need more good reptile vets, pet stores not so much.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
Yes but what i have wanted to to was be both in one, i started out but i cant afford to go out for 6 months experience with a reptile specialty vet out of town... thats why i didnt finish... I do all my own fecals, i know the medicines for different parasites and so on, but to obtain what i wanted to be meant canceling my life... My fiance and i are down to one car and i cant afford just to up and leave.

Tux

5 Year Member
alewis0890 said:
Yes but what i have wanted to to was be both in one, i started out but i cant afford to go out for 6 months experience with a reptile specialty vet out of town... thats why i didnt finish... I do all my own fecals, i know the medicines for different parasites and so on, but to obtain what i wanted to be meant canceling my life... My fiance and i are down to one car and i cant afford just to up and leave.

I also do my own fecals and know the correct meds for various issues, I however don't have formal training as like you I couldn't afford to just up and leave my life to do the 4 year vet course and 6 month addon to be a vet here in canada. Anyone can learn to do fecals and IMO should, vets don't even do them, vet technicians do...it doesn't require much. I think we would all like to open a reptile shop....how did you get evicted were you violating the terms of your lease?

alewis0890

5 Year Member
the landlady freaked with 23 snakes and 15 lizards... because i am young basicaly is why i got evicted... Your right it is simple but when i went to school that was my first semester... learning parasites and diseases symptoms and treatments... I mean its not hard to know whats wrong with your animal with a little time and effort. fecals are simple when you know what to look for but like i said i cant just up and leave... as for the reptile shop, thats been my dream since i was 9 lol My mom didnt like copperheads and i found out the hard way... I have been around breeding so i know for sure im going to start that, but the one thing that would make a difference in it is the care... theres not many shops that know anything there doing because they want money...

alewis0890

5 Year Member
I went through digging at these threads and i have to say that this forum is CRAZY in a good way, two tegu giveaways??? prize giveaways well contests but still... thats about the coolest thing in a forum period lol. great job admin i usualy spend my time on forums and i think i found one to top them lol. and thanks for the welcome puff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.