• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey there!

Ashley Bridges

Been creeping on this site for a couple of years and finally back at the end of June I picked up a 6month old Argentina black and white tegu female who I named Maya. She's been growing like a beast (6inch to over 2 ft). I had a couple of questions so I wanted to come on and get some advice from everyone! She's been great so far but we've been experiencing a few behavioral issues the last day or so.
image.jpg

Ashley Bridges

I'm going to try and make a new thread, just been at work and haven't had a chance. But basically long story short is when she gets out to roam around for awhile she goes from puppy dog to wild wannabe. The other day she figured out how to open her enclosure on her own, so we put in a heavy duty lock, but when we had to get her she charged my husband and actually hit his hand in an attempt to bite(which she never does). All he did was kneel and sit next to her, she seemed fine and then as he scooped up her she snapped. She's generally quite well behaved with a snuggle bug mentality and I've haven't had concerns of being bit in months. For whatever reason being out and exploring just makes her snap. This is a really big concern since I like having her out to exercise, although she's never done anything like that. I'll try and link a more detailed thread soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu