• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hey cornking

Anthony

5 Year Member
wanted to tell you that my red tegu somehow someway has dramatically improved over this last week... he has been eating and pooping and today he was running around the cage and climbing the rocks and water bowls with the strength he had when i first got him... i think hes fine now, i wonder what was wrong with him?... its crazy he was on deaths door and the vet reccomended to euthanize him but i wanted to make the little guy fight and im glad i did... i love my tegus but i gota be honest i had a lot of bad luck with these guys but i still love having them....

cornking4

5 Year Member
:-D Glad to hear that! And she just flipped around overnight?

Really, it could have been a lot of things, from mbd to dehydration to any kind of organ disfunction. Her quick turn around points to a possible stroke or neurological issue... it's so difficult to tell without seeing her in person. Anyway, as long as she's steadily improving she's on the right track! It might be a good idea to put her on a whole-prey only diet because of its greater nutrition and higher protein content.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214