• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Herpetology books/text book recommendations

fisheric

Can anyone recommend some good reads to learn more about reptiles? Maybe a book that talks about anatomy and something more about raising reptiles.

A zoology book would be cool too.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is there any specific reptile you are interested in or species of?

fisheric

james.w said:
Is there any specific reptile you are interested in or species of?

I am waiting for my first tegu to be born so a the more info on them the better.

Id like to find an "encyclopedia" of reptiles and something less entertaining/more educational.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There aren't any books on Tegus as far as I know, there is a Monitor based book that mentions tegus, but there isn't much info there. I would recommend sites like this for getting knowledge on specific reptiles. I feel the information you can gain from different experienced keepers is usually better than reading a book.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan