• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help :/

BillieJeAn

I lifted my the top of my girls hide box to peep in on her.
She looked AWFUL! So I discreetly woke her up. After I did she drank a TON OF WATER.
I left some food for her, ground turkey of course.
Now, she's eating but she just spit up some water? Should I be concerned? Should I wake we up like this daily so she gets what she needs instead of this happening again?

Dana C

Waking her up won't hurt her. Make sure you keep the humidity up in her tank / cage as well to lessen evaporative dermal transpiration.

BillieJeAn

She looks skinny. And it saddens me :/ she was coming out every other day and she hadn't been out in a week, so I checked in on her.
Thanks for you input, I appreciate it.
The humidity in her box is 85%, the rest of the tank humidity doesn't get up passed 40%, no matter what I do. I even have a humidifier in there with her along with three water dishes.

I guess I'll start waking her daily so she gets what she needs. It just scared me when she spit up the way she did.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The water get spit up is common after they drink a large amount. What do you mean when you say she looked awful? It is not recommended to wake/remove them from their hide, but if you feel it is needed, it should be ok.

BillieJeAn

Very skinny and dehydrated looking. After she ate and got some water in her she looked better.
She's also in the middle of a shed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214