• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with mineral oil?

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
I heard that there are many types of Mineral Oil. What kind can I use for my little baby tegu that may have a clogged up stomach?

Thanks

Tux

5 Year Member
Theirs 3 bases for mineral oil;

paraffinic
naphthenic
and the stuff based on aromatic hydrocarbons

You want the paraffinic stuff for internal use, it's generally the kind you will find in a drug store anyway. Naphthenic oils are fine too but a lil more expensive.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Plus, you'll want to check your caging, heating, lighting to see if there is something going on that may have caused this so the issue doesn't return.

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
Thanks guys i apreciate it :)

O ya i bought some mineral oil but it doesn't say any of the bases you told me but the one i bought says its lubricant laxative.

Is that okay?

argus333

5 Year Member
yes that is ok it also gets rid of mites too if u ever need to soak him in it just keep it out of the eyes.

Tux

5 Year Member
When it actually states laxative it's gonna be paraffinic, and is obviously safe to use. Glad it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029