• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help Too much calcium??

Joey

5 Year Member
I Gut load my crickets with calcium before I give them to my tegu, then I shake the crickets twice a week in a ziplock bag with some D3 (calcium) to give them a light coating of D3 then I feed them to my tegu. And once every 2-3 days I spray him with a multi vitamin. Is this too much calcium?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
I think you should be more worried about giving your little one to much vitamin D3 as it is easier to overdose on that , then it is calcium. I would recommend only giving your tegu vitamin D3 once a week, twice at the max provided you have proper uvb lighting. It is almost impossible to give a baby tegu that is rapidly growing to much calcium.

Joey

5 Year Member
Yah I only do it twice a week maximum concidering I gutload my crickets. Yah I have UVA UVB lighting... I think I'm just gonna do it once a week. I got it at a reptile show...it is 19.5 inches long I think it's about 5-6 months old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980