• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help needed!

Jstew

While feeding my monitor I have reason to believe she ingested a small piece of coconut bark. Is there anything I can do to help her pass this or should I be worried if my suspicions are correct? Need some advice here people.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
To be a bit more specific because a lot of people think their temps/humidity is correct when it actually isnt. What are your temps/humdity? What size and type of monitor do you have?

Deac77

5 Year Member
As long as your basking at 130-140 and humidity is 70-85% (and cage is big enough this is a big one too they need to be able to exercise properly to digest right as well alot of people forget this) he should be fine. Keep in mind monitor and tegu metabolisms are actually more like mammals than reptiles, they are much more active than most herps so need to be fed daily in copious amounts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980