• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help (How to bond?)

Kam

I have a 2 and a half year old tegu, she isn’t aggressive she’s actually mostly skittish and doesn’t want to be bothered. But when I try to bond with her by holding her on my bed or spend time with her, she doesn’t want anything to do with me for a few minutes then will try smelling me slowly and nudging me before it looks like she’s going to bite me. It’s the oddest thing it’s like she thinks I’m meat or something and checking how squishy I am lol. It’s really frustrating because I feel like I don’t trust her and she avoids me and not into me , idk how to bond with her more

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hi @Kam welcome to the forum. bonding can take a lot of time and patience! find some treats that she likes and continue to work with her. get some gloves to protect yourself. it helps. trust me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029