• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello, Got my first Argentine B&W :)

Teigu

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been keeping a variety of reptiles but I got my very first Argentine B&W Tegu last night.

I was told she is a yearling that recently came out of hibernation/brumation. She seems very tame and sweet. Although I have read that they can go through a "grumpy" phase through their juvenile stage so I'm hoping she stays this way.

She is in a temporary setup (until this Friday) which includes.

40gallon long
Reptisun 5.0 UVB (moving to 10.0 this weekend)
sylvania 40-watt R20 (keeps a basking spot of 100 degrees f)
Reptibark mixed with moss for moisture retention.
Before I left to work this morning I left her some scrambled egg whites and balled up ground turkey mixed with calcium powder.

Can't wait to go home and check on her. :)

Looking forward to being park of the TeguTalk community!

-Chris

You can also check out my Instagram: GoodLifeReptiles (I share my own reptiles and reptiles from around the web :)

0.1 Argentine B&W Tegu
1.0 Eastern Indigo Snake
0.1 Red Phase Western Hognose
1.0 Pine Isle Chahoua Gecko
1.0 African Fat Tail
1.0 Pastel Ball Python
1.0 Cay Caulker Dwarf Boa
0.1 Sandfire Bearded Dragon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads