• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello Everyone in need of some help

booyea797

Hey everyone Happy new year its been awhile sense i've been on super busy at work and my BUBA has been sleeping for quite awhile sense almost September he comes out every so often and just came out this morning he still looks so little when he went down compare to the other extremes of the fall 2011 hatchlings :/ am I doing something wrong or does it just take some time I try to interact with him the other day when he was out all he did was hiss whip his tail and run away he was never like this b4 he went down he always wanted attetion :( what can I do the more help the better thanks

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Read up in the Hibernation section. When they slow down (brumate) or hibernate it's normal for them not to grow at all or as much since their metabolism slows down as well. Especially when they're not as active and don't eat as much.

As the season changes he'll come around and be less groggy. You may be able to pick up where you left off with taming or might have to start over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214