• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HEATING PROBLEMS

tegu11

hi there whats the best temprature for B&W tegu i have got a thermostat B2ME pulse with a 150W ceramic and a 100W UVA basking bulb it is getting to 83.5F and bleeping twice flashing red once do i buy a bigger ceramic bulb temprature on cold end of tank is 74.8F HELP

G

What is the enclosure like ???

A fish tank ????

Increase ventilation for cooler temps decrease ventilation for warmer ..

Try putting a book on top of the screen ???

G

What is the top and lighting system like ??

Can you lower the bulb ???

Change to a 160 w basking bulb or put another basking bulb beside that one??

Try heating with out the thermostat [bad thermostat]

G

sometimes i have issues keeping the heat up in the winter. i have to put a ceramic heat emitter on my beardies tank in addition to his mvb bulb. i think the heat emitters are pretty cheap, they don't produce any extra light (you could leave it on at night if need be). mine throws off a ton of heat.

where is the tank located? if its by windows or doors thats also going to bring the over all temp down.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
RHETORICx said:
sometimes i have issues keeping the heat up in the winter. i have to put a ceramic heat emitter on my beardies tank in addition to his mvb bulb. i think the heat emitters are pretty cheap, they don't produce any extra light (you could leave it on at night if need be). mine throws off a ton of heat.

where is the tank located? if its by windows or doors thats also going to bring the over all temp down.

Ditto

Pikey

5 Year Member
i have 6x3x2 cages that all i need is a 75w halogen to get a basking of 100-109F & a cool side of 78F

think its ur thermostat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu