• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Haters be hatin

Jstew

It doesn't feel good to have people jump on you if you are misinformed on something, correcting someone is one thing but jumping down people's throats when they give bad advice or disagree with care requirements makes it intimidating to say anything at all.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Agreed x 100
While I think 99% of people are trying to help out, sometimes there's little concern for how things come across. Plus, a lot is lost in translation because it's the internet.
I think it's important that no one take it personally and that everyone consider how they like being talked to when they're talking to others. Pretty basic stuff but it works wonders when everyone abides.

Jstew

I'm not pointing any fingers but sometimes people like to flex their herp care muscles a little too much on certain posts... You make a post saying your monitor is friendly and someone jumps in to critique your use of the word friendly. Just unnecessary comments is what I'm referring to.

Dirkthejerk41

Yeah, I have noticed people on forums (of any kind) can come across as hostile at times, even when it is unnecessary! Of course, this is not always the case.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I know what you're saying about terms like "friendly " or "social "... it's kind of like, big deal, you know? If I want to believe my lizard or snake 'loves ' me, I have that right ;) haha. But yes, other things too... such as minimum sizes of cage and opinions about everything from free roaming to proper diet variety. There are basic requirements and it is good to state those, but nit picking or personal attacks/accusations are not called for. Spread the love :) (and knowledge)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980