• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hatchling Food

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
My Tegu from Bobby should be here tomorrow. and, i noticed on the Extreme Giant boards they all said they'd be big enough to eat pinkie mice. So, i wanna know if the regular B&W hatchlings would be big enough for pinkies also? and how long is it usually until they accept fruit? I got some ground turkey yesterday, and since i have Leos i have crickets, mealies, and vitamin/calcium powder.. and i can buy pinkies from the pet shop here anytime, and we always have plenty of eggs. Just trying to make sure i have enough different stuff to feed. I've heard a lot of you talk about feeding your tegus fish, too. What kind fo fish is good for them? I know the walmart here has stuff like tilapia filets.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CaseyUndead said:
My Tegu from Bobby should be here tomorrow. and, i noticed on the Extreme Giant boards they all said they'd be big enough to eat pinkie mice. So, i wanna know if the regular B&W hatchlings would be big enough for pinkies also? and how long is it usually until they accept fruit? I got some ground turkey yesterday, and since i have Leos i have crickets, mealies, and vitamin/calcium powder.. and i can buy pinkies from the pet shop here anytime, and we always have plenty of eggs. Just trying to make sure i have enough different stuff to feed. I've heard a lot of you talk about feeding your tegus fish, too. What kind fo fish is good for them? I know the walmart here has stuff like tilapia filets.

Sorry I am late on this but this is the busy season. I feed all of my babies all they care to eat, as for fish, any raw fish that you eat is fine for them, however I would not give them any with large bones. All hatchlings are able to eat small pinkies, and then larger rodents as the get older/bigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus