• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HarveysHerps Bulldogs

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Well guys I thought I would post a few pics and show how everyone has grow.Yes I am Bulldog crazy like I am reptile crazy. LOL Never can have too many Bullies or reptiles.
This first pics are of Otis. As in The Devil's Reject Otis.He is 11 months and 90 lbs.
1214755390.jpg

1214755260.jpg

1214755108.jpg

Then there is Satan. He is a cry baby when he is on the chain.LOL He's 2 years old
1214755083.jpg

Now for the Girls First off is Candy Girl 7weeks old
1214755644.jpg

Then Harley is the other new female 9 weeks old
1214755944.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks I used to own Pits. I got out of them and into the American Bulldogs. They are much easier to keep than the pits were.

dicy

5 Year Member
i see that bulldogs usualy are more easy going whit that i mean they mellow down more and are less hyperacktive is that whut u mean by easyer ? still iam more of a terrier person but mollosers rule the dog world :D

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
The pits I had would fight so much. If one got off the chain. Some one else on a chain was gonna die. It really got old . But the Americans get along pretty good. Sometimes they scuffle over food but nothing is ever serious between them. My pits were people friendly and dog deadly. My Americans are right the opposite. The Americans I breed are protection dogs. The pits I bred were fighters and good at it. I don't fool with the pits because I don't live the same lifestyle . I did then. I like to hunt wild boar and stuff now and the bigger Americans do a better job catching than the smaller pits do also.

dicy

5 Year Member
interesting point u make there only thing i personaly dont like about the new breed bulls and pits is that they r to buffed p and to big also allot more slugish compared to the oldstyle dogs do to the frontleg set next to the body instead of under the body anyway iam not gonna type my whole mind on this :D but ur dogs shure look great keep up the good work

Beazer

5 Year Member
They are so freakin cute. I love my pit. So far hes good natured. Hasnt shown any sign of animal aggression yet. When hes outside to pee, he chills wiht my bunnies, when hes inside he hides from the cats lol. Loooves people and other dogs but I think other dogs dont like him because he gets up in their face (wags his tail and lowers his head and gets all excited). He's being socialized a lot, though, I do not use him for hunting so he has no real training for the animal agression so that could be why. Either way they are great dogs and people should know that. I dont take my pit to the dog park just because people over look that if a lab bites a pit and a pit retaliates, they just assume its the pit. I just love pits lol. I only have one though and thats all I plan on keeping. He definitely was more stubborn when he was younger and seems like since we took his balls he's a little more calmer lol. Great lookin dogs though Harvey. Its cool you changed around from that life style. I know some people disagree with using dogs to hunt bore but I imagine the dogs love it and it gives them some sense of fulfillment (kinda like a wolf pack hunting). Show ups more pics lol.

-Jon DeLong
-Jon

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Dicy I feel the same as you to a point about the dogs.I breed my dogs to be big.(100lbs plus for males) They are strong lean and can run. I used to fight the pits and they just would change over to the Boar like I wanted. We use bay dogs to bay to hog. The the bulldog catches. If the bulldog grabs a dog instead of the boar . Then a lot of dogs are gonna die. Cause the boar will turn on them and kill them. So it has to be a group effort . Pits have than lone wolf mentality .
Beazer I'm sure your dog is a good dog and your doing good with him. But when a fighter turns 3 he will show you then what he has in mind. The dogs I used to raise were killers plain and simple. I still like to watch the fights at times . But I would never put one of my dogs through it again. Some pits do well . But others are programed to kill and there is nothing to be done about it. I hope yours is one of the calm ones. But hey bulldogs were bred to be bad dudes. So I say let the bad do what the bad do. LOL I love dogs and I hope I haven't made myself sound too bad. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus